BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, 28 October 2012

Where art thou'?

Again, its been so long since I posted. More than a month. It has been seriously busy lately and I have been feeling exhausted all the time.

Recently, I experienced a long bout of bronchitis. Two rounds of antibiotics later and I am still feeling lethargic and generally 'off colour'.

On my way home from work on Wednesday afternoon, I collapsed on the train! Yep, that's right. Out cold. I remember feeling hot so I took my jacket off and slumped in the seat a little so I could put my head back. Next thing I know, I wake up to people asking my name, shaking my hand and waving air at me with a folded up MX. 

I felt sick in the tummy and was pretty out of it. My eyes wouldn't open and I kept resting my head on the poor guy next to me. I remember hearing people say things like, "she might be pregnant", "call an ambulance", "is anyone a doctor on this carriage?" and the train guard say "no, no this train has been cancelled, please wait for the next one". OMG. Train cancelled? Peak hour? Because of me? Awkward.  

Someone please call my Dad. I am scared shitless right now. 

Before my little episode I remember feeling a bit yuk throughout the day, so I had some nurofen after lunch and thought I would be ok. The next thing I know I have stopped City Rail in their peak hour tracks and I am being led to an ambulance, bound for St George Hospital Emergency Department. Thank god they didn't put the siren on. 

K met me at the hospital after escaping TAFE early for the night, and bless him, didn't leave my side. Dad arrived next, then Mum and J not long after. Soon enough, B & B have forgone their special dinner to celebrate Bridget passing her thesis and they too were propped up in the Emergency Department waiting area... worried about me and my infected body. 

After a few hours and lots of different tests, and no conclusive answer as to why I had temporarily spaced out, I was able to go home to recover. 

The next morning Mum was back by my side and bundled me off to our family doctor for a second opinion. Thank goodness for Mums - she knew it wasn't just a fainting spell. My Doc sent me to have a blood test and the results showed that I have another infection. Not to mention the bronchitis is still lingering. Seven weeks of feeling like crap, plus two infections later and I cannot even explain how over this I am. 

I thought I was being healthy by losing weight and doing so exercise. Turns out, sometimes your body just needs some good old fashioned R&R.

A diet and consistent exercise don't go hand in hand with a chest infection like bronchitis. When those old wives say its important to rest when your sick and get plenty of sleep.... they aren't telling tales.

 L x

P.S - Thanks to K, my Mum and my family for looking after me and being worried for my health. A special thanks should also be extended to those on the train who looked after me. They didn't whinge for one second about their much slower than expected journey home. I will remember this experience the next time my train just... stops.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...