BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, 16 September 2012

The best news I have had in a long time!

I have been so lazy with this blog lately and that's mostly to do with the fact that I have not been feeling much inspiration...

Until now that is...

Last night my sister's boyfriend tricked us all into thinking he had organised a special dinner with his family and ours, as a get together to celebrate his girlfriend / my sister who handed in her thesis. Little did we know that he actually proposed before they arrived and our thesis celebration turned into a full blown engagement party as well.

I was so emotional - I still am. Its such a special time in two people's life and the fact they chose to include the whole family means so much to everyone. He could have proposed on their two week holiday at the end of this month but really wanted her to be able to share this special occasion with all of us. It is definitely a night I will remember for the rest of my life.

Here is her stunning ring... He chose it himself and its over 130 years old. Its perfect for her. She said that she loves thinking about all the other women who wore this ring before her and were equally as happy. So special.

(personal photo)

There were hundreds of tears, countless bottle's of Moet (his parents were in on the gig and bought up a storm) and so much laughter.

I love my family more than anything. Its nights like this that you realise what's really important in life. Sharing good times with those you love.

L x

P.S I will now have a new topic to talk about on my blog... I am the Maid of Honour after all.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...