BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Chairs, Chairs, Chairs

One of the things that has surprised me most about furniture shopping is the cost of chairs! Dining table chairs that is. I mean, I knew lounges were expensive and tub chairs and sofas and desk chairs... so I don't know why I was so surprised. But I was.

Luckily we have been able to get a dining table from my parents so that has been a cost saving in itself. But trying to match 6 chairs to the table for reasonably cheap has been the biggest challenge.

A chair for $300 each? What is going on?

We finally decided on these chairs from Freedom and at $150 a piece I was feeling better about it... but still it's a big outlay to buy 6 chairs for 2 people. There's $900 bucks right there.

Freedom - Empress Dining Chair - $149

Yesterday I decided to trawl Gumtree and Ebay to see if I could find anything more affordable. And there were some options that were ok... however, another look on Ikea led me to these beauties - for less than half the price!!

Ikea - Harry Chair - $59

They look exactly the same and although the Freedom ones will be better quality and offer the leather/faux leather material to easily wipe off stains... the Ikea version has removable and washable covers so I can always bleach them back to white!

I am proud of my find. A cost of $360 vs $900 - the Ikea chairs are perfect for what we need!


L x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...