BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Two months on...

Writing a blog has always been something I was interested in doing but never thought it would be for me. For a variety of reasons which I will explain later, I always shrugged it off.

Today, two months on from my first blog post, I really love writing this little journey about my life and my interests and I hope to continue doing it in the future. It's such a great way for me to capture my life and record important moments, especially as I embark on the next chapter - owning my home with the love of my life. The fact that I have the worst memory ever only cements this blog as the perfect way to remember things passed!

I started writing this blog (sort of) anonymously. If I didn't like writing it I could stop of course, but being anonymous meant that even though the blog would be forever traceable on the web, my name wouldn't be attached to it. Being anonymous also meant that I could test the water first - I know many people who have started blogs and couldn't keep them going (nothing wrong with this) so I was determined to give it a go before jumping in guns blazing. I also didn't want to start telling my friends and family that I was writing a blog only to give it up shortly after and then have them ask "hey, how come you're not writing any more?"

A previous manager in a past employment role made my life a living hell a few years ago and as a result I lost all my confidence (despite doing a degree in Communications at university, with plenty of writing and employment experience)! I went through a very stressful time and constantly felt that I was not worthy of writing the simplest of sentences. To be honest I think I was scared.

(Joseph Chilton Pearce - They all hate us)

But deep down, I know I can write and I know that my previous manager was very wrong! I know that am lucky to have a great life and I love to talk and share things with others. I know that I am a happy person and I am working hard to appreciate the here and now and not wish the simple things away.

So, as you can see, writing this has been quite a learning experience for me. I don't want to make out like I am some great writer with thousands of followers and blog about my life as a priority - because I don't. I don't want to make out like what I write about is interesting for everyone (ha ha ha because I am sure it is not)! I am also concious of talking too soon and then not posting for two months (a no-no in the blogosphere), as I come up to a hugely busy time at work over Xmas and NY!

But I write honestly and I wanted to take a minute to reflect on my blog writing journey two months on and say... "Wow I am glad I did it!"

Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I like writing it!

Lis x


To mark this occasion I have uploaded a pic of me in my profile so that I am no longer anonymous :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...