BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, 10 July 2011

Avoca Beach Picture Theatre

For those of you who have never visited Avoca Beach on the northern coast of NSW, I suggest you do. It is a gorgeous little place with the most beautiful beach. It’s a tiny town but nestled in its beauty it’s the most quaint picture theatre I have ever been to. Avoca Beach Picture Theatre made me realise that going to a theatre to see a movie back when my parents and grandparents were growing up, must have been so much more of an experience than it is now. The crowds, cold popcorn and expensive tickets were a mile away from the experience I had in Avoca just a few weeks back. K and I saw 'Water for Elephants' which I wasn’t overly fussed about at first, however it turned out to be such a great movie.

Not only is the theatre an experience in itself, but there is a gorgeous little gift shop attached to it, in which I could have spent my entire weekly wage on the cute art deco pieces they have for sale. Check out Beth’s Giftware & Lamps for some great pieces. Instead I settled on this gorgeous handmade little pig as a gift for my Mum for being, well, the best Mum in the world.


A trip to Avoca Beach Picture Theatre certainly made me appreciate life’s simple pleasures. 
L x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts...